My role at Big Boolies Ltd

My name is Alice and I have been working at Big Boolies since September 2021. This was when I started my role as a Level 3 Junior Content Producer Apprentice. Today I will talk about my experience at Big Boolies, what I have learned, what I have created, and my hopes for the future. I would like to showcase what my role is and how I have impacted the company.

As you may have seen in my last blog, we have recently had a rebrand at Big Boolies. The apprenticeship has definitely helped me through this process. I have learned about the importance of tone of voice and how it can make your business appear to customers. Our friendly and exciting tone of voice makes us approachable to new customers. The rebrand has also helped me realise our main brand values. We want to provide our customers with the best services possible to help them achieve their branding goals. A brand is more than just a logo, it shows what you represent and what you have to offer. 

I have been learning about new trends in social media. With this knowledge, I have created more reels and TikTok to boost our engagement on our social media platforms. I decided to set up Big Boolies Tiktok in March this year. Since then we have seen an increase in follows and interactions with new clients. We are currently at 99 followers so head over to our account and give us a follow to see all the behind-the-scenes at Big Boolies. Polly has been working on creating videos showing the vehicle livery process, which has given me chance to focus on promoting embroidery and printing. Here is a couple of the Tiktoks I have produced. Since creating more video content, we have seen a big increase in engagement and views on our Facebook and Instagram pages. Click this link to head over to our TikTok page.

When I first started working at Big Boolies, I noticed that the majority of our customers hear about us through word of mouth. Our customer relations are very important to us at Big Boolies. Customer loyalty has opened up many opportunities for us and has helped us grow as a business. This is why we always like to share our items on social media and tag our customers, to give something back.

Below are some examples of the work I have produced over the past year:

With Christmas creeping up on us now, Gemma wanted me to create some bundles which would be perfect for Christmas presents. I wanted to make them look festive, therefore I added the icicles and snowflakes so people could clearly see they were Christmas-themed. I enjoyed creating these because this was our first deal since the rebrand, so working with the new theme and colour scheme was very refreshing.

Keeping along the Christmas theme, I'm sure some of you will have seen our recent black Friday deals. Gemma wanted to do some deals on winter clothing like jackets and jumpers and I thought with black Friday coming up, why not combine the two? So I created some artworks with a black Friday theme but still matching our branding. The reason we did these deals was to help produce more sales and to help carry us over the quieter months.

Another deal that has been taken by storm recently is the 'Beanie Bonanaza' bundles. 
We started with our smaller bundles, not expecting them to take off like they did, then Gemma decided we needed to go bigger. So I got to work on a beanie bundle that would be targeted toward larger organisations. I posted this on our Instagram and Ethan used this for email advertising, targeting our larger customers. However, I think Elise is all beanied-out after having so many orders from customers like Russels, Ryetec, Paxtons and many many more. 
Something I wanted to improve was our Instagram page. After the rebrand, I worked on creating some highlights to showcase what we do best. This meant creating icons and highlight covers. Now, when a user clicks on our page, they can get a clear idea of the services we offer. My aim was to make the process of using our services easier for customers.
To celebrate Big Boolies hitting 4000 likes on Instagram we created a giveaway competition on Booler 4x4 to help achieve the same for Nick's social media. Nick and I took the toy Landy to some off-road scenery to take pictures of it. Once we had the images, I worked on creating an image to let people know about the giveaway. Below is the one I chose to use. I chose this one because it is bold and easy to decipher.
I then needed to create something that would keep traffic going to our post. Here is what I created. Don't forget the competition is still running so if you haven't entered yet make sure to head over to Booler 4x4's Facebook page and view our pinned post. All you need to do is Like, Comment, and Share the post. For an extra entry, you can take advantage of our beanie bundles. Remember...the more entries you have means the more chance you have of winning. Click here to head over to the post!

Something I have really enjoyed doing is taking pictures of the products we have produced. I have always liked photography and working with angles and lighting. Here are some examples of photos I have taken which have then gone onto our social media. 



My overall experience with this apprenticeship has been great. I have enjoyed learning about analytics, how different hashtags can determine the performance of a post, and what to avoid when creating content for social media. The fact all my learning was online made it a lot easier too, with the fuel prices I'm glad I didn't have to drive to college. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a role in Content Producing or Marketing. I'm sure Ethan would agree that this apprenticeship has been a really good experience, as he is currently doing a Marketing apprenticeship. I think that once I get my qualification in a few weeks, it will open a lot more doors for me. It has always been a dream of mine to create a clothing line, therefore the understanding I have gained with this apprenticeship has put me a few steps closer to achieving this.  

We have a cut-off point on 5th December for guaranteed Christmas delivery so make sure to get your orders in ASAP! Email gemma@bigboolies.com or sales@bigboolies.com to enquire or you can call us at 01653699660.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why have we rebranded?

Printwear & Promtion